Friday, April 2, 2010

10 Minutes = $50 in Savings!





I constantly hear from people who tell me they want to save money but that they don’t have time to check blog posts, clip coupons, make grocery lists, stockpile, watch for sales, etc. However, by doing these things each week, I have been able to shave thousands of dollars off our family’s grocery, household, and drug store purchases.

If you think you don’t have time to save money by clipping coupons, think about this:

By spending 10 minutes making a list and gathering a few coupons, I saved $50!

My husband needed a haircut today and, since our local barber was closed today in observance of Good Friday, he suggested we head to a barber in town and have lunch at one of my favorite pizza places, Christian’s Pizza. The scrumptious basil, feta cheese, roasted garlic, sundried tomato, mushroom, black olive and artichoke heart pizza shown on their web page was my choice for lunch. My husband calls their pizza “salad on a pizza.” Mike’s more a traditional sausage and pepperoni kind of guy but still caters to my love of eclectic pizza. It only took me a few seconds to say “yes” to his suggestion.

Before we left, I took a quick look at Madame Deals’ Giant Food deals post for the week. In less than ten minutes, I was able to pull coupons together for what I considered the “best” Giant Food deals this week.

Lunch was great, but Mike’s haircut didn’t happen due to a 45 minute wait. It wasn’t a wasted trip, however, as I managed to save 70% on these items:

2 - Land O Lakes Butter Quarters, $1.99 (Limit 3)
used (1) $0.50/2 Land O Lakes Butter, exp. 5-8-10 (SS 03/14/10)

7 - Wish-Bone Salad dressing, $1.00
used (1) $0.75/1 Wish-bone (RP 03/28) and (2) $1.25/2 Wish-bone (RB 03/28)

6 - Betty Crocker Flavored Mashed Potatoes, $1.00
used (2) $0.40/1 Betty Crocker Potatoes Printable or printable and
(4) $0.25/1 Betty Crocker Potatoes (SS 3/28)

4 - BOGO Oscar Mayer bacon, $5.68 Reg. price
used (4) $1.50 Oscar Mayer Bacon internet printables (printed a few weeks ago)
(use the $0.75/1 Oscar Mayer Bacon (SS 03/21) to get the same results after doubling)

8 -
Chef Boyardee, $1.00
used (2) $1.50/4 printable

7 - Wish-Bone Salad dressing, $1.00
used (1) $0.75/1 Wish-Bone (RP 03/28) and (3) $1.25/2 Wish-Bone (RP 03/28)

2 РBoston Cr̬me donuts and an apple fritter (dessert treat after great pizza for lunch!)

Retail: $70.65
Giant BonusCard & Coupon Savings: $49.87
Total Spent: $21.68 = 70% SAVINGS!


1 comment:

Madame Deals said...

Great Job Mary! Did a catalina for the Betty Crocker Potatoes print? I know the catalina deal is going on at Kroger, not sure if other stores have it too.
Renae